Cucumber Mango Salad
One of my favorite easy healthy meals is any grilled or roasted protein with cucumber mango salad, in this picture its chicken but equally good with pork, steak or fish. This salad is addictingly delicious and extremely versatile, after you have made it a few times, try subbing out different veggies and fruits based on the season and your personal preferences.
Chopped fine this recipe also makes a delicious salsa to serve over any protein or with your favorite chips - add a jalepeno or habenero pepper if you like it spicy.
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar sub cider vinegar if paleo
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or honey
- 2 English cucumbers cut into 1/4-inch dice*
- 2 mangoes cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red pepper cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- pinch kosher or flake sea salt
How To Make It:
Whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, coconut sugar and salt. Toss with the diced vegetables, cilantro and mint sprinkle with salt and serve.
Variations: It is also delicious made with pineapple or peaches instead of the mango /in place of one of the mangoes. *you can also use 6-8 small Persian cucumbers in place of the English cucumbers