Smoked Salmon Tartare with Waffle Cut Potato Chips
A perfect holiday appetizer. This delicious little bite pairs beautifully with champagne but also goes nicely with bourbon, scotch and gin. Don't drink? No problem, it's delicious on it's own or with sparkling grape juice.
- 6 ounces smoked salmon finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped fine
- The zest of one lemon about 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pinch of white pepper or substitute freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hothouse cucumber very finely diced
- 90 waffle cut potato chips 1 bag
- 2 tbs chives finely chopped
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche can use sour cream
In a small bowl, mix the chopped salmon, shallot, lemon zest and pepper.
When ready to serve: scoop about 1 scant teaspoon of salmon tartare onto a cracker or cucumber round. Top with a dollop of sour cream and a pinch of fresh chives. Repeat with remaining salmon tartare.
*I use Cape Cod Waffle Cut Potato chips, they hold up really well to the salmon and last about a half hour without getting soggy at all.
*If you want an even healthier version you can serve this same tartare on thinly sliced cucumber or jicama rounds.