One of my favorite easy healthy meals is a chopped vegetable & fruit salad topped with any grilled or roasted protein. In this picture its grilled chicken but this salad is equally good with lean pork, steak or fish.
Nectarine Cucumber Salad
This salad is addictingly delicious and extremely versatile, after you have made it a few times, try subbing out different veggies and fruits based on the season and your personal preferences.
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar sub cider vinegar if paleo
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or honey
- 2 English cucumbers cut into 1/4-inch dice*
- 6 nectarines or peaches cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red pepper cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- pinch kosher or flake sea salt
How To Make It:
Whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, coconut sugar and salt. Toss with the diced vegetables, cilantro and mint sprinkle with salt and serve.
Variations: It is also delicious made with plums, fresh cherries, pineapple or mango instead of the nectarines . *you can also use 6-8 small Persian cucumbers in place of the English cucumbers